Get professional certification through Commonwealth of Learning - Skills for Work Initiative
Earn new skills through Commonwealth of Learning - Skills for Work Initiative & get hired at the world's leading companies
Learn your favourite skills through Commonwealth of Learning - Skills for Work Initiative and implement your ideas into real life
Skills for work
The Commonwealth of Learning (COL)’s Skills for Work initiative is aimed at closing the skills gap for in-demand and high-demand jobs in Commonwealth Member States.
Skills for Work takes a two-pronged approach:
- Through hybrid models that apply open and distance learning techniques, it helps women, girls, youth, people with disabilities, entrepreneurs, and the unemployed at the community level to acquire relevant 21st Century, life and essential skills, and access in-country mentorship support.
- Through varied partnership models, it enhances ODL capabilities of both TVET institutions and other non-governmental organisations involved in skill development to share and adapt open educational resources; develop capacity in blended teaching/learning practices; scale up outreach efforts; and, respond to the market needs.
Skills for Work Certification Programme
Through COL-Skills for Work Initiative, Commonwealth of Learning aims to support the efforts of Member States to provide skills required for decent employment and entrepreneurship and pave the way for attaining skills, enhancing skills, lifelong learning and growth.
Commonwealth of Learning (COL) has partnered with Google, Coursera and Udemy to offer the Skills for Work Initiative to enable youth and adults in Commonwealth nations to access high quality skill development courses provided through the world’s leading e-learning platforms, such as, Coursera and Udemy.
COL will offer three different certification programmes under the Skills for Work Initiative:
- COL-Grow with Google Skills for Work Certification Programme
- COL-Coursera Skills for Work Certification Programme
- COL-Udemy Skills for Work Certification Programme
Three Unique Certification Programmes
col - grow with google skills for work Certification ProgramME
This scholarship provides job-ready skills and in 6 specialized areas – IT Automation with Python, UX Design, Data Analytics, IT Support, IT Project Management & Android Development that can earn you a place as an employee of world’s top companies through this unique Google professional certificate.
Col - Udemy Skills for Work Certification ProgramME
Learn skills through Udemy for Business to advance your career in a variety of fields including business, Entrepreneurship, IT Project Management, Personal Development, Digital Marketing, Language, Marketing, communications and many more.
col - Coursera skills for work Certification ProgramME
This scholarship is ideal for those who wish to attend high quality e-learning courses developed by the world’s top universities and companies. Earn industry-recognized credentials and demonstrate your new skills by sharing your Course Certificate.
Benefits of col-skills for work Initiative
Commonwealth of Learning invites citizens of Commonwealth nations to apply for Commonwealth of Learning – Skills for Work Initiative to acquire skills to gain employment, better work opportunities and improved livelihoods. We invite all citizens to apply, especially women, girls, youth, adults and persons with disabilities.